Online free risk management courses
Free Online Risk Management Education Courses for Medicus Insureds
Two options for online risk management:
1. MyMedicus, featuring ClaimsRx
As a Medicus Insurance Company policyholder, you enjoy online access to MyMedicus where you will find exclusive, vital information on protecting patients and reducing risk.
Additionally, you will be pleased to know that Medicus offers a premium credit to insured doctors who complete online risk management education. You can earn a 1% premium credit for each CME credit earned, up to a maximum of 5% per policy year.
If you do not already have a MyMedicus account, call us at (855) 882-3412 to receive your activation code and instructions for creating your account.
Once you have signed on to MyMedicus, you will find:
• Claims Rx – Medicus Insurance Company’s risk management CME publication, your monthly source for up-to-date risk management advice on clinical and administrative issues. Each Claims Rx publication is available for your completion for two years after its publication and is typically designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and American Academy of Family Physicians Prescribed credit.
• CME Coursebooks – A library of our longer monographs on enduring risk management topics – from Medical Records Management to Communication and Follow Up to Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer.
• CME Webcasts - Approximately 45 minutes in length, these programs are given by a risk management specialist and address the topics of Disclosing Unanticipated Outcomes; How to Successfully Launch Your EHR System; and Hand-offs Along the Continuum of Care.
To download a PDF document that provides a step-by-step guide for registering and getting started with free online risk management, click here.
Note: If you have successfully completed a MedRisk course in the past, you may NOT register again for the SAME course, and will NOT receive CME credit or medical professional liability insurance premium credit for such registrations.
- To begin your online risk management learning, click here.
Premium credit offered for completion of courses
Medicus is pleased to offer a premium credit to its insured doctors who complete online risk management education. You will receive a 1% premium credit for each Continued Medical Education (CME) credit earned, up to a maximum of 5% per policy year.
To earn premium credits, enroll in one or more courses with a maximum of 10 CME credits. (If you choose to combine courses, be sure to register for all of them at the same time.) You will earn 1% premium credit for each CME credit, up to 5% per policy year. If you complete more than five CME credits through Medicus risk management in one year, the additional credits, up to a total of five credits, can be carried over to the following calendar year to earn the maximum premium credit for the following policy year.